Spangler Recreation

In order to recreate Tyler Spangler's work, I looked at various pieces of his and combined certain ideas, i.e. chromatic aberration, a black and white background image and a cartoony drawn element atop it, this being a photo of my hand drawn over with a cartoonist brush and filled in with various purples, with darker tones for shadows and lighter tones for highlights.


 I finished off the standard flat purple colour with a soft gradient to add a slight shadow to it due to it being a part of my art style. I also added custom chromatic aberration behind a rough cutout of myself as I saw that being a theme in Spangler's work, although may not have had enough time in this session to fully explore the idea and execute it properly, although it is only a minor detail here and thankfully does not distract from the main illustrative element.


 I am happy with how this piece turned out as I created it on a whim and was originally only planning to create another Dela Deso recreation, yet decided to tackle Tyler Spangler instead to see what I was capable of, and I am proud of what I have achieved. To improve in the future, I plan to use a less detailed, thicker brush, more vibrant and thematic colours, i.e. red, yellow and blue, and to add more detail and focus more on the background photo as well as the foreground elements.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Mentis Imperium, et Lunam, et Pastor

  The final stretch of my surreal photography project was not as ambitious as I had hoped, but on the brighter side I got to convey a differ...